PARTNER GROUP INQUIRIES & RESERVATIONS
If you have a minimum of 6 people ready to exchange some hard work for an unforgettable time in The Bob — join us! The Bob Marshall Wilderness Foundation (BMWF) is ready to create a custom project just for your group or organization. The BMWF works with youth and adult groups, men and women, young and old(er) and everyone in between. So you’ve never used a cross-cut or camped in bear country before? That’s OK — we’ll teach you.
We provide an experienced Wilderness Crew Leader on the project with backcountry medicine, trails and outdoor education training. So bring a school group, Boy or Girl Scouts, your fishing buddies, or out-of-town family visitors. Create a challenge trip, a first-time experience or a reunion to a favorite spot from years ago. The BMWF wants to help make it happen! Group reservations are accepted in December-February for the next summer.
The BMWF has a new policy for partner groups!
If you would like a custom project with specific dates we will now require a $600 (refundable) deposit to reserve your trip. Only 10 partner opportunities available for this option! Request your custom partner projects by JANUARY 1st 2018
If you are a bit more flexible with dates and locations, adopt one of our individual volunteer projects!
- Request a sneak peek at our 2018 summer schedule (available early February) and find a project that will work for your group.
- Pay a $200 Adopt -a- Project deposit
- Recruit a minimum of 6 volunteers by April 1st to keep your trip private. After April 1st your trip will be open to the public if you have not recruited the needed amount of volunteers.
Have questions? contact 406.387.3808 - firstname.lastname@example.org
2. pay the partner group registration deposit
1. Fill out the partner project request form
3. CONTACT US IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS !
Rebecca Powell 406-387-3808 // email@example.com
WHY VOLUNTEER IN THE BOB?
While trail work or noxious weed supression is the goal, many volunteers go home with an intangible wilderness experience they never expected.
“The trip was an exhilarating experience of renewal. Excellent organization and planning and work preparation was evident to make the trip a memorable success. The immersion in the wilderness was glorious. The luxury of having packers carry in the participants' tents and sleeping bags, the food, and the tools was very much appreciated!”
“I LOVED this trip, and it really pushed me to do things I didn't know I could. Addy, my crew leader, was the most amazing person I have met EVER. I am recommending this to everyone.”
“I had such a great time this trip and can't wait to hopefully come back again next year. I just love how ten volunteers can hike in strangers and out friends.”
Custom Project Request Deadline: December 1st 2017
First come-first served. Dates are subject to availability and scheduling.
Verbal reservations will not be accepted.
A refundable project deposit of $600 per crew, is required by this date to secure your project dates. If no deposit is received, dates are no longer reserved and may be scheduled for other projects. Project deposits will be refunded after project completion. See refundable deposit information to the right for pre-project expectations and the BMWF project cancellation/change policy
Project Change Deadline: March 1st, 2018
Only minor changes to the project are accepted on or before March 1st, 2018. No “change fee” will be applied on/before this date. After March 1st, 2018 all project changes are subject to a non-refundable “change fee” at $300/crew. Any project that is cancelled after April 1st, 2018 due to low enrollment on behalf of the partner will not receive a refund.
Past Partner Groups:
American Hiking Society
Boy Scouts of America
Big Sky Bible Camp
Continental Divide Trail Association
Flathead National Forest Employees
Flathead Ski Education Foundation
Girl Scouts of America
Girls in The Bob
Greg Nelson & Family
Montana Wilderness Association
National Smokejumpers Association
Next Generation West Ministries
Paul Busch Memorial Foundation
Pete Metzmaker & Friends
Rocky Mountain Outfitters
Salish Kootenai College Upward Bound
Schreiner University, Texas
University of Montana, Outdoor Program
Youth in Restoration
EXPECTATIONS IN THE FIELD AND IN THE OFFICE
Wilderness service projects require a great deal of preparation and attention to detail. You have some responsibility in this process. The lists below outline how we can best work together as we prepare for a trip into The Bob. You will also receive an agreement that further defines expectations for your organization and the BMWF.
- Designate a Group Leader to assist with pre trip planning and communications and represent the Partner Group on the trip.
- Recruit a minimum of four (4) volunteers per project.
- Direct each group participant to the partner page on the BMWF website and ensure that they complete the volunteer registration no later than two weeks prior to the trip departure date.
- Provide each participant in group with the BMWF packing list provided here.
- You may choose to reimburse BMWF for your group's food expenses as part of the partnership effort to protect public lands.
- Flexibility — we are working in the woods with many variables
- Project Plan including work details, driving directions, packing list. The plan will be provided to the Partner Group Leader one month prior to the project.
- Experienced Wilderness Crew Leader (with backcountry medicine, trails or weeds training & more)
- Provide partner with pre-project details including packing list, directions, wilderness information, daily itinerary, etc.
- Meal planning and food shopping, group hygene & cooking gear
- Two-way backcountry radios
- Safety gear and trail tools
- Pack stock support (if needed)
*Specific expectations will vary by group and will be outlined in a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) to be signed by BMWF staff and partner Contact Person/Group Leader prior to the project.
DEPOSITS AND CANCELLATIONS
A $600 refundable deposit is required to secure your custom partner project. A $200 refundable deposit is required to adopt an existing project. You can pay via check or make an online payment with a credit card. Your deposit can be refunded AFTER your project has taken place.
The intent behind the refundable deposit is to make projects more organized before crews put on their hiking boots. Please take the time to prepare for your projects so we can avoid the following matters. Note that a group’s refundable deposit will be forfeited if the following general expectations are not fulfilled*.
- Safety is the #1 concern in the field. If any partner participant is violating safety expectations or direction from BMWF staff, the BMWF is entitled to cancel a project effective immediately (even in the field) without a refund.
- The BMWF is required by the US Forest Service to submit volunteer paperwork to respective Forest Service personnel no later than 10 (ten) business days before a project start date for every participant. If the BMWF is missing paperwork after the deadline, the project will be cancelled without a refund.
- Project enrollment minimum is 4 (four) volunteers. If a partner has reserved project dates and fails to recruit the minimum participant number, the BMWF will cancel the project without a refund.
PLEASE SELECT ONE OF THE FOLLOWING LINKS FOR MORE INFORMATION