The Legacy Ride & Raft Trip is an opportunity for lovers of The Bob and supporters of wilderness stewardship and conservation to see The Great Bear Wilderness on a trip of a lifetime.
This summer, in celebration of the 50th Anniversary of the Wild and Scenic River Act, the BMWF is offering "Ride & Raft 2018," a backcountry adventure along the Wilderness portion of the Middle Fork of the Flathead River.
This one-day trip into the Bob is the perfect way to celebrate the splendor of the landscape, the importance of Wilderness and free flowing, wild rivers, and to raise funds for the Bob Marshall Wilderness Endowment.
Ten seats are available and we hope to have commitments by Friday, June 22.
RSVP early! This trip was popular last year. Here are the details for the 2018 trip:
Date: Monday, July 30th
- Time: 8:30 am- 4:30 pm
- Meet: at the Bear Creek Trailhead
- Timeline: We'll ride up the Big River Trail with Snowy Springs Outfitters to Spruce Park Cabin and have lunch on the riverside. Then, we'll be guided down river by Wilderness River Outfitters. You will float out through the Spruce Park Gorge, back to your vehicle and be home for dinner!
- Bring/wear: Gear for both activities (riding and rafting) including riding shoes, long pants, sunscreen, bathing suit, raincoat, fleece, 2 liters of water, hat, sunglasses, river shoes.
- Guides will provide safety equipment including life jackets, dry bags, wet suits for the river, lunch, horses.
- Donation: $350 to the Bob Marshall Wilderness Foundation
To learn more call 406-387-3847.
Interested in joining us on the trip? Reserve a spot using the button below.
Please RSVP by June 1. Thank you!
Thank you to our past Legacy Donors
Larry and Helen Cates
Steve & Jane Klienschmidt
Snowy Springs Outfitters
Bet and Doug Wise
Two Bear Management
Wilderness River Outfitters
Janet and John Bali
Bill and Betsy Bayne
Carol Bibler & Jim Watson
Bob Marshall Wilderness Outfitters